Thursday, 26 March 2015
Last year I compiled all 8 rounds of questions for an orienteering fund raiser. Here is my favourite round..
Round 3 - Island Life
1. What is South Australia’s Largest Island?
2. What is larger, Flinders Island, or King Island?
3. Australia has the world’s largest sand island. What is its name?
4. Name all three countries that share the island of Borneo
5. Where in Tasmania is the Isle of the Dead?
6. Name the four main ingredients of a Hawaiian Pizza
7. Order these islands from north to south – Maui, Prince Edward Island, Tonga & Bora Bora
8. In which Australian State or Territory are Aspen Island, Pine Island and Spinnaker Island?
9. Put these islands in order of population from most populated to least populated:
Madagascar, Cuba, Taiwan
10. What Tasmanian Island would I be on if I was at Lunawanna?
1. Kangaroo Island 2. Flinders 1367km2 - King is 1048 km2 3.Fraser Island 4. Malaysia, Indonesia, and Brunei 5. Port Arthur 6. Cheese, Tomato, Ham, Pineapple 7. Prince Edward Island (46N), Maui (20N), Bora Bora (16S), Tonga (20S) 8. ACT 9. #1 Taiwan (23mil), #2 Madagascar(20.7mil), #3 Cuba (11mil) 10. Bruny Island