Saturday, 11 June 2016
So.. needing my own pattern, I started with a sketch..
Then I built the ‘bones’ up from the frame. I found using those pins which seperate was the best way to hold the structure together at this stage.
Then it was on to adding the ‘flesh’ which I did with strips of the lighter cardboard and wide masking tape.
I taped on some old cut up ikea cups and then it was onto the first couple of layers of paper mache..
Which meant it was ready to paint grey. Zali helped with this stage..
Then, using some free fleece blankets the kids had got when we flew Emirates Airlines to Norway, I sewed a puffy cushion centre and some ‘bumpers’ for the walls - so it was very cosy. I also sewed the teeth out of some leftover felt.
I added a bit more detailing in the paintwork with and voila! A Shark House for Pinto..
I only finished it on Thursday -so we were able to lure her into it for brief moments but she’s not completely comfortable in there yet.. hopefully she’ll come around I can get the perfect photo of a snoozing (and cosy) cat inside the sharks mouth! Until then I have these..